We have a new summery friend that we'd like to introduce you to: The Rosemary Peach Maple Cocktail.The Bonjon Gourmet and knew that our peaches would star in this tasty number. Grab your favorite bottle of rye whiskey, a jar of our Simply Peaches, a few other choice bartending items listed below, and enjoy!
INGREDIENTS Makes 1 strong drink
- 1/2 of a peach, chopped, plus a few slices for garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rosemary maple simple syrup (below)
- 1 tablespoon strained lemon juice
- 1/4 cup rye whiskey
- tiny pinch smoked sea salt
- rosemary sprig for garnish
- sparkling water or club soda, optional
Muddle together the chopped peach, rosemary maple simple syrup, lemon juice, rye, and salt in a measuring cup or glass. Strain the mixture into a tumbler filled with ice, pressing on the fruit pulp to get out all the good stuff. Garnish with the peach slices and rosemary sprig. If you like your drink a little lighter, top it with a splash of sparkling water or club soda.
Rosemary Maple Simple Syrup
Makes about 1 cup, enough for 10 drinks
- 3/4 cup lightly packed rosemary leaves (from about 10 sprigs), roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (5 3/4 ounces by weight) maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
Combine the rosemary, maple syrup, and water together in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, then cover and steep for at least 15 - 30 minutes. Strain the mixture though a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on the rosemary to extract all the liquid. Discard the rosemary. Chill the syrup until cold, 1 hour (or mix your drinks right away if you just can't wait). The syrup will keep, refrigerated, for at least several weeks.