We were inspired by this recipe on Rachel Cooks.
- 1 cup fresh snap peas
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 15-ounce can mandarin oranges, (reserve 2 tablespoons juice for dressing)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons juice from a 15-ounce can of mandarin oranges
- 1 teaspoon honey
- MM Local Sriracha (to taste)
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles for topping (optional)
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add snap peas and return to a boil. Once boiling again, drain and move a bowl of ice water so that they retain their color. Drain again once cooled.
- In a large bowl, add both types of cabbage, green onions, mandarin oranges, shredded carrot, chicken and cilantro. Add snap peas when they are done cooking.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, mandarin orange juice, honey, MM Local Sriracha and salt. Whisk until combined and pour over salad. Toss to combine everything, top with chow mein noodles.